The buffer tank is loaded by an external heat source ( solid fuel boiler etc.). In case the buffer tank could not be loaded a boiler is used as the heat source. A switchover valve is used to switch the heat source from the buffer tank to the boiler. The controller controls a mixing loop for radiators, convectors or low temperature heating circuits. A constant temperature control is also possible. Domestic hot water control and the control of the circulation pump are also handled by the controller.
- Note: System no 407 means that certain parameters must be set for this application to function.
|Domestic Hot Water
|charge pump, switchover valve, discharge
- The basic functions are contained in an indestructible program.
- All the parameters are predefined with sensible basic settings and allow individual adjustments as necessary. PCs are not required for this.
- All the relay outputs can be tested manually.
- Time switch for daily, weekly and holiday programs for each heating circuit
- Optimisation of switch-on times
- Caretaker function, frost protection function
- Outdoor temperature-compensated mixed circuit/direct heating circuit, as required with room tie-in
- Cooling function - switchover based on outside temperature
Hot water control
- Time switch with daily and weekly program
- Anti-legionella automatic system
- Hot water priority circuit or parallel operation with heating supply
- Circulation pump control with different control strategies
- A differential temperature control will switch on the Pump on VA2 if the temperature on VE2 is higher than on KSPF
Switch over valve
- If the heat demand can not be covered from the buffer tank, the switch over valve on VA1 will be opened and in the direction of the boiler circuit
- The boiler will only be used if the buffer tank cannot supply the required temperature.
- There can be used single or two stage boilers. Modulation boilers can be used via Opentherm interface
- Combination option of up to five freely-selectable SMILE controllers
- Communication takes place over the system bus without additional interfaces
- Distance (max. 100 m)
- All the data required for the control system is communicated
- Remote operation with the wall modules SDW.. also takes place using the system bus
- If the required temperatures cannot be achieved within a reasonable time, or sensors interrupt or short-out, then the controller will generate a fault message.