The Sundial RF2 systems consist of several wireless enabled components: a timer/programmer from the ST9020 series, and a combination of DT92 room thermostat and/or CS92 cylinder thermostat.
The ST9020 range is an extension to the ST9000 family to cover wireless applications. Each ST9020 product is wireless enabled, with a built in wireless transceiver. This allows it to communicate with wireless room thermostats, cylinder thermostats and other RF devices to form a complete Sundial RF2 control system that is energy efficient and compliant with Building Regulations.
The time control is mains powered and does the control and switching of the system components such as boilers, pumps and zone valves. It therefore acts as the hub of the system and once connected allows simple installation of the wireless room thermostat (DT92E) or cylinder thermostat (CS92A).
Sundial RF2 can be used to upgrade older systems that do not have boiler interlock in the form of a room thermostat or cylinder thermostat, as well as being suitable for new installations. There are 5 packs designed to cover applications with combi-boiler systems, 2-zone systems, and systems with stored hot water tanks. These systems can be extended to allow remote wireless control of valves and/or boilers using the wireless relay box BDR91T. Pack 5 also has an OpenTherm low voltage output for modulating control of the boiler.
|Modes of operation
|Time setting resolution
||1 min. for clock, 10 min. for programs
||contact output 230Vac, 3 A resistive, 3 A inductive ratings
- ST9020: indicates on/off status of zone control relays
- CS92: used for RF binding, indication of signal strength and fault conditions
|Terminal max. wire size
- time control ST9020: 230 Vac / 10 VA
- thermostats DT92/CS92: battery-powered, 2 x 1.5 V AA Alkaline cells
- all products: settings and parameters stored in NVRAM
- ST9020: battery maintains factory-set date and time for installation and backup for up to 9000 hours of power cuts
- ST9020: super-capacitor provides emergency backup for more than 1.5 hours
||All products have:
- 2-way RF communication
- installer mode
- optimization (optimum start, delayed start, optimum stop)
- service mode with telephone number display and PIN-code access protection
- holiday mode
- override buttons extra hour and override